Tandem Counseling, LLC does not offer billing through insurance, at this time.
You will be provided an online portal that includes billing information, or your therapist can email you a “super bill” anytime – at your request. This “super bill” provides necessary information to your insurance company for possible reimbursement. Reimbursements should be discussed between the client and his/her insurance provider. Often times these charges are applied as “out of network” and are reimbursed at different rates or used towards a deductible.
Clients are able to use HSA or FSA accounts as a form of payment.
Things to keep in mind:
- Insurance companies typically require a diagnosis code to be billed or reimbursed. At Tandem Counseling, LLC our clinicians can assign a diagnostic code to your billing – however – great care will be taken to make sure a client is diagnosed correctly and cautiously.
- Insurance companies typically only cover a certain number of Behavioral Health visits at a reduced rate. Depending on the client’s insurance plan – Behavioral Health – may not be covered at all, or if you have a high deductible plan you may still be paying standard rates until your deductible is met.
- When therapists’s bill through insurance, the insurance companies have direct access to billing and documentation for the client’s record. Tandem Counseling, LLC holds confidentiality in the highest regard and tries to protect against others seeing your record, as much as possible.
Rates $120 per 45 minute session.
Some clinicians may offer sliding scale, please review the clinician page for additional information about what that clinician may offer.
Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part. Please contact your provider to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services. Consider asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
Tandem Counseling, LLC accepts cash, check and all major credit cards as forms of payment.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session.
Any Other Questions
Please contact Tandem Counseling, LLC for any additional questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!